Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2016 12:25:13 AM EDT
I want to buy some stocks.  Nothing major, going to set aside about $400 a month and see what I like that month.

Opinions on what service to research to use as a broker.

Scott trade
Etrade
Other...

Thank you everyone
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I use ettade, flat rate trades. If I but expensive stock I buyour with usaa. If you plan on penny stock, then etrade. (I don't recommend pennies) flat rate trades are good when buying cheaper stock (less than $1) take for instance 100,000 shares on usaa will cost alot more than 100,000 on etrade.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the feedback Faon
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been using TradeKing. I think Fidelity received high rankings this yer.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Robinhood.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you set limit buy/sell transactions with Robinhood?  Any limits on the number of trades or amount that can be traded?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#8]
TDAmeritrade and I use the Thinkorswim trading platform.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I like tdameritrade as well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMHO it's the Cadillac of options Trading platforms.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I use Scottrade. $7 trades are high and they add up. TD and Scottrade will soon be one. No word on what trades will cost after the merger.  90 days.
I am looking for something cheaper but need all the features of the Scottrade trading platform.  Any have experience with Interactive Brokers?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I use Scottrade. $7 trades are high and they add up. TD and Scottrade will soon be one. No word on what trades will cost after the merger.  90 days.
I am looking for something cheaper but need all the features of the Scottrade trading platform.  Any have experience with Interactive Brokers?
View Quote

I bet you get grandfathered in.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope so.  Ive been with Scottrade for years and like their company.  They have an office close as well.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I hope so.  Ive been with Scottrade for years and like their company.  They have an office close as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, I've been with them over 7 years.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do the Scottrade options trades cost?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top