Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2016 5:59:23 PM EDT
I know that some here have experience with Bitcoins and or Ethereum.

I have considered using Coinbase, I hear/read good things about them.

Then, I read about Genesis Mining.  Any one have any experience with them?

Yes, I realize it is not a quick and easy road to riches.  Looking more for the unusual and different.

I will probably go with Coinbase in the next couple of days,  I am heavily undecided about Genesis Mining.

I do like the name, though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My research has also uncovered Circle.

Any one have any experience with them?
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
if you mean actual bit coins, at this time it costs more to make than they are worth.

They are harder to mine now due to the limited number of them and they say you pay more for power than you get bit coins out of runnig.

if you mean the other virtual currencies like bit coin that just started out you still have the same problem, but you have the potential for them to take off and be worth more in the future.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#3]
They are in Iceland, where both electricity and cold air are cheap.  I wasn't going to try it in Kentucky.

I may pass on Genesis, at least for now.

Probably still give Coinbase a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top