Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2015 8:27:50 PM EDT
I have an IRA with Fidelity and think their iOS app is decent. However, I'm ready to open a normal brokerage account and have been researching which broker I should go with.  I had pretty much walked myself to eTrade, but after reading the app reviews in the iOS App Store, I'm second guessing that choice.

It's infrequent that I would actually sit down at the computer to log in. I much prefer using either my iPhone or iPad mini. Which broker would you guys recommend for the quality of the mobile app, balanced against the other details of what makes an online broker good?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Interactive brokers. Low commissions. Good mobile platform, especially for iPad. Have to pay 11.50 for real time stock/option data though. Waived if you pay $30 in commissions though.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have an IRA with Fidelity and think their iOS app is decent. However, I'm ready to open a normal brokerage account and have been researching which broker I should go with.  I had pretty much walked myself to eTrade, but after reading the app reviews in the iOS App Store, I'm second guessing that choice.

It's infrequent that I would actually sit down at the computer to log in. I much prefer using either my iPhone or iPad mini. Which broker would you guys recommend for the quality of the mobile app, balanced against the other details of what makes an online broker good?
View Quote
I use the fidelity app for a couple accounts including a brokerage account. Never had any issues with it. But fidelity rapes you on trades.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rrobinhood is free commissions and won the apple best designed app award.

You can't do much in the way of complicated trading though.  For now, it's just basic market, limit, and stop orders.
View Quote

Amen. I use Robinhood for nearly all of my trading (except for the OTC market and some foreign stocks that aren't covered). I have an old Scottrade account that I do research on. Failing that, yahoo finance has just about every bit of information you need to research a new stock.

Loyal 3 is also a great tool for non-traditional investing. Zero commission fees like Robinhood. You invest whole dollar amounts (minimum $10) to purchase fractional shares. Their selection is limited to about 50 or so stocks but a good handful are great dividend growth stocks like pepsi, dr pepper snapple, coke, unilever, mcdonalds, yum, target, and many more. I like this platform because if all I have to invest from my check after paying the bills is $10, I am still making progress toward financial independence.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#5]
TD Ameritrade's apps have worked well for me.  They have two, one is an account management/research/trading app and the other is geared more towards purely trading.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top