Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2014 9:15:24 PM EDT
Any of you folks have a home mortgage through Quicken?
It looks like a pretty good deal.
I'm thinking about jumping ship from my Wells Fargo 4.675% 30 year.

It looks like they roll the home inspection and other cost into the loan so I don't have to come up with extra closing cash.
around 2200$.

Any stories out there...pro/con?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
3.99% on a 15 year fixed is above market rate right now. Lots of volatility in the MBS market over the last couple of weeks and rates are down overall. You can do better than 3.99% if you shop around and your credit isn't jacked up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Do not use Quicken loans.  Ever.

Screwed me on a refinance.

Fuck them straight to hell.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Any of you folks have a home mortgage through Quicken?
It looks like a pretty good deal.
I'm thinking about jumping ship from my Wells Fargo 4.675% 30 year.

It looks like they roll the home inspection and other cost into the loan so I don't have to come up with extra closing cash.
around 2200$.

Any stories out there...pro/con?

Thanks.
View Quote
Wells Fargo is 3.5 (no points) on a 15 and does the same thing with closing costs.  Just closed with them last week.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#4]
My old company would provide discounted rates with Quicken Loans and their rates were still higher.
I concur to shop around. If already with wells fargo then refinancing should be a bit easier as you wont need to provide as much info.

Edited to add the we ended up going with Integrity Home Loans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top