Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2015 6:42:42 PM EDT
My family and I discovered last week that my little brother has cancer.  He begins 9 weeks of chemo at MD Anderson in Houston in a little over a week.  My whole family is

scared shitless but trying to be as positive as we can be.  I know his mindset will be crucial to his recovery.  I bought him two books to read the other day to help him

with winning this fight in his mind before the physical fight begins.  LtCol. Dave Grossman's Warrior Mindset and Paul Howe's Leadership and Training for the Fight.  This is

where the Marines come in with a respectful request.  I thought to myself, who better than the Corps to motivate him to win this?  I was hoping to get a high speed/low drag

Marine unit picture signed by some of you with a few well wishes, Semper Fi's, that sort of thing.  The type of pic where a platoon or something is all loaded up for bear.  I'm hoping he will find strength

and motivation from you guys.  I am willing to do or pay whatever is needed to make this happen.  Printing the photo, shipping...anything.  Other than that, I don't have much to offer

other than eternal thanks.  IM or email me if anyone thinks this is doable.  Thank you gents...

KJ

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope he sees a full recovery, what is his age.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope he sees a full recovery, what is his age.
View Quote

He is 37. Married with 3 daughters under 10 years old. Thank you sir
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#3]
IM me a mailing address and I will get something together.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Although I was never in the service and have nothing to offer in that area I just wanted to say that my sister had cancer 15 years ago in her lymph nodes. (She was 35 years old then) That is normally a death sentence. After treatment and a long struggle she has been cancer free ever since. Keep your head up. Medicine has come a long way and my sister is proof that the worst cases can be cured.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IM me a mailing address and I will get something together.
View Quote

Outstanding!  Thanks Bonk!  IM on the way...
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you Bullseye! Your sisters story is encouraging.  Knocking on wood here!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top