Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2014 3:08:03 PM EDT
Hello everyone abroad, and happy holidays from a greatful American-

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the current status of PMAGs in Iraq? I've read a few conflicting reports that they were and then we're not allowed. The reason I ask is that my sisters boyfriend is deploying at the end of January and I want to send him a care package before he leaves with some PMAGS to take with him. As I understand it, ITR will prevent me from sending them to him there, so I need to send them to his base before he leaves.

Thanks for your help in advance, and if you have any other/better suggestions please feel free to comment.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#1]
He will be an advisor only so why would he need a P-Mag?  

Tag for answers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shipped PMAGs to deployed .mil many times.

Never had a problem.

The usual package I send to buddies overseas is 10 PMAGs and a LULA mag loader/unloader.

The fine sand over there means they have to unload and clean out the mags pretty regularly, and the loader/unloader makes this faster and easier on the hands.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He will be an advisor only so why would he need a P-Mag?  

Tag for answers.
View Quote

I'd rather him have them and not need them, as opposed to needing them and not having them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Pmags are allowed for use in the Army.  The Marines, not so much.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Pmags are allowed for use in the Army.  The Marines, not so much.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:52:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Send them now so he has them, mail here has been sporadic. Plenty of people are using them over here.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:16:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I know PMAGs are authorized for army and air force. Not sure about the Navy and someone posted a negative on the marines. I've only seen army and air force over here. An OSI buddy was even issued them. As a side note, something I didnt know when i came out, you're allowed to mod you issued M4 with personal furniture while you're over here, so magpul stocks etc are good to go. They just have to be changed back when they return them. Wish I'd known that before I got over here.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:43:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Are Lancers allowed?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are Lancers allowed?
View Quote

Unit dependent but it's usually whatever you want goes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I know PMAGs are authorized for army and air force. Not sure about the Navy and someone posted a negative on the marines. I've only seen army and air force over here. An OSI buddy was even issued them. As a side note, something I didnt know when i came out, you're allowed to mod you issued M4 with personal furniture while you're over here, so magpul stocks etc are good to go. They just have to be changed back when they return them. Wish I'd known that before I got over here.
View Quote

Unit dependent.  Mine said no, others are allowed to do anything other than change internals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top