Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2014 5:13:18 PM EDT
I just got it confirmed that I will be heading out there for 10 weeks. Doesn't anyone have any experience out there?

Places to make sure I see, is the PX worth anything or will I have to drive to town to get most items, wifi in the billets, etc.

Rhoades
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#1]
PX at FtIG is what you would expect of a small NG post. Cabela's and Bass Pro not far away
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Harrisburg is right down the road as well as Hershey. If you like beer I recommend checking out the Troegs Brewery. While I am not a fan of FIG, it's much better than Ft Pickett.

They have WiFi now that must be purchased, but I am unaware of it's quality. When I have to get work done after training hours during drill or AT, I head to the McDonalds/Loves Truck stop for the free WiFi.

The Indiantown Gap National Cemetery is worth a look and it's right off post. If you have the free time Gettysburg is a little over an hour away.

The PX will get you the little stuff you need but it's nothing like the main post one at Ft Benning. More of a shopette. There is a Walmart 20 minutes down the road and near it are a Texas Road House, Sonic, Arby's and I'm sure some other places.

For a good home style meal, check out Farmer's Wife.

There are worse places to be for 10 weeks, that is for sure. I hope you have save travels.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just got it confirmed that I will be heading out there for 10 weeks. Doesn't anyone have any experience out there?

Places to make sure I see, is the PX worth anything or will I have to drive to town to get most items, wifi in the billets, etc.

Rhoades
View Quote

I'll be heading there as well, hopefully in January for my reclass to 15T. Let me know how the living conditions and such are. I know FIG sucks from my time training there while in the Marines, but I'm looking forward to getting MOS q'd.
Top Top