Posted: 8/13/2015 7:31:56 PM EDT
This is the year we win it all
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahh,  a Cubs fan.

That makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not a die hard fan by any means, but I've always liked the Cubs. They are having a good year and, as of this morning, have the third best record in the NL, and fourth best record in MLB.  Unfortunately,  the post season playoff format is so screwy, that the best they can likely hope for is a wildcard slot (unless they can outrun the Cardinals).

I understand that that's the business side of professional sports, but I find the playoff format to be rather strange, and somewhat unfair.  I know how I would fix it, but the team owners and the MLB would say I'm crazy (too much lost revenue).

Anyway, it is what it is, and we'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:04:32 AM EDT
[#3]
5 games up on the Giants now for the 2nd wild card spot. This team is playing great baseball right now!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Arrieta with a no hitter tonight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top