Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2015 10:28:10 AM EDT
I am sure there are some NHL fans out there...The last time Peter Laviolette won a Stanley Cup, it was with the Carolina Hurricanes. They came out of no where and dominated everybody for the season, won the cup and a host of other trophies one year and then disappeared completely. One of the only teams in league history to win the cup one year and not make the playoffs the next year. Then he took Philly to the finals but lost.  Now, Laviolette is in Nashville and he has elevated the Predators game to  new level, they are dominating the league and seem to be on their way to a deep playoff run. What do you guys think about this coach? This team (flash in the pan or here to stay)? Is Nashville headed for the same fate as Carolina? I have been a Preds fan and season ticket holder since the team's inception.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:31:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Best game I have watched in a long time. Gonna be a great series.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy cow, this old thread is still on the front page of ARFCOM's Sports Talk forum?  We need more sports talk, obviously!

The issue the Predators had was relying on too few for scoring.  They need more contribution from their other lines.  Sharks took advantage of this on one of the match-ups in regular season. I believe in the tail end of the regular season, so did other teams.

Plus, the Hawks had a horrible, un-Hawk like first part of the season.  Collectively, they played much of the season lower than the capability of the individuals on the roster. But at the tail-end of the season and throughout the playoffs, they were playing like the Hawks that hockey analyst were expecting.

But hey, your Preds gave the fans more excitement than my Sharks did. Thankfully, my Sharks had the insight to choke early and spare us of the suspense... ugh.

But this upcoming season is going to be tough in the Western Conference.  There are too many competitive teams stack in both divisions.  It will be a slugfest.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The issue the Predators had was relying on too few for scoring.  They need more contribution from their other lines.  Sharks took advantage of this on one of the match-ups in regular season. I believe in the tail end of the regular season, so did other teams.
View Quote

The Preds have always had a hard time scoring goals.  And they always seem to have great goaltending that comes out of nowhere, but once a goalie leaves Nashville they are shit.  Just one of those things
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top