BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Heh, at least I got one sit/start call correct this week!

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
IMPORTANT ALL OWNERS PLEASE READ
We need to vote to change the waiver wire position system. We discussed it last year and never did anything with it. I submit either of the following two:

1. Resets each week so that team in last place has first pick and team in first place has last pick.

2. Let's use a budget system. Each team would get 100 or 200 "dollars" to use throughout the year on waiver pickups. This would really add another element of fun to the league. For example if you really want Oliver this week then you better be prepared to spend some serious money. Yahoo has him at 57.00 if you are using a FAB (free agency budget)

Thoughts? We have to do something, it is currently broke right now and does not benefit the worst teams.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm fine with either option.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#4]
We aren't going to change it mid season are we?  I don't agree with that at all.

I was last in waiver picks for the last two years before this one.  I lost 2 running backs in week 2 last year and had to suffer through it.  If we were going to make a change it should have been done before the season started.  

I don't really care what the rule is, but I am completely against changing it in the middle of the season.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't care what we do and am fine with any option, including the status quo, for reasons PistolPenis stated.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Of course we are not changing it mid season assholes. It is fucking impossible to get everyone together after the season ends, so I thought this was a good time to get a poll going.

I brought this up towards the end of last year and was pretty much ignored.

If everyone says you don't care then I am going to pick the one I like best.

This will go into effect next year.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Of course we are not changing it mid season assholes. It is fucking impossible to get everyone together after the season ends, so I thought this was a good time to get a poll going.

View Quote

I vote for pie.

After that, I like the auction option.

But I really don't care.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#8]
A budgeted waiver system would be interesting.  I've never been in a league like that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I vote for pie.

But I really don't care.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I vote for pie.

But I really don't care.

In that case... Pie sounds good to me too.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:28:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A budgeted waiver system would be interesting.  I've never been in a league like that.
View Quote

I've done it before and it definitely takes it up a notch.  I'm cool with trying it for a season.

P.S. My team is terrible.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd have bid a hell of a lot on Andre Williams this past week.

Big question: How would waiver budgets impact keeper value?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think they would at all. It would add too much complexity to the league. As an example, I may have bid a lot this week for Oliver. I realize his worth is only for the next 2 or 3 weeks but I need help now or my season is over soon. For me it may be worth 50.00 for him right now, but to have that price tag stick with him for next years draft does not seem right. I am pretty sure the two do not interact and are separate. At the end of the year the FAB is gone and any players picked up off waivers would have the same cost as a free agent -none or 5.00 to keep the next year.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm ok with trying the auction system.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't think they would at all. It would add too much complexity to the league. As an example, I may have bid a lot this week for Oliver. I realize his worth is only for the next 2 or 3 weeks but I need help now or my season is over soon. For me it may be worth 50.00 for him right now, but to have that price tag stick with him for next years draft does not seem right. I am pretty sure the two do not interact and are separate. At the end of the year the FAB is gone and any players picked up off waivers would have the same cost as a free agent -none or 5.00 to keep the next year.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#15]
At this point we have 7 owners nodding towards the FAB (free agent budget) so I will move forward with that for next year.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will be the first to admit that you are getting royally screwed this year.   On paper you have a really good team...  They should be scoring a lot more points than they are.  I saw a lot of preseason boards that had McCoy as the number one RB... Especially in PPR.  

You should see better results this week since every dumb team in the league has their best game against me.  674 damn points scored against me..    I am skating by with a lot of luck.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
At this point we have 7 owners nodding towards the FAB (free agent budget) so I will move forward with that for next year.
View Quote

I know that I'm late to this, but I would also choose the free agent budgeting system.  

However, I do believe we also need to discuss whether we want to adjust the waiver system.  I am in one yahoo league that has the free agent budget system and the waiver system is also incorporated into that league by yahoo.  I believe it only comes into play where there are two identical bids for a player or for those people who are attempting a waiver claim with a zero bid.  However, I have never been a commissioner so I don't know if that is automatically the case or if that was a commissioner option.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I know that I'm late to this, but I would also choose the free agent budgeting system.  

However, I do believe we also need to discuss whether we want to adjust the waiver system.  I am in one yahoo league that has the free agent budget system and the waiver system is also incorporated into that league by yahoo.  I believe it only comes into play where there are two identical bids for a player or for those people who are attempting a waiver claim with a zero bid.  However, I have never been a commissioner so I don't know if that is automatically the case or if that was a commissioner option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll (or anyone else please feel free) will look into what the options are and we can choose what will best work of our league.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Im ok either way.  In general i like the current system. It forces you to save waiver spots for important pickups and maybe draft handcuff players. How about just adding another bench spot?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Im ok either way.  In general i like the current system. It forces you to save waiver spots for important pickups and maybe draft handcuff players. How about just adding another bench spot?
View Quote

That doesn't address the issue...
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I think we want to avoid a team like mine having the number one waiver spot just because I nominated last in the auction.   I was able to pick up Forsett with the first waiver, and he has turned out to be a pretty good flex option..... At least for now anyway.   Someone hurting at RB might be willing to spend a lot more than me.   There is an opportunity to make the league more competitive.  

Like I said before, I got screwed last year because I lost both of my starting RB's  in week two last year.  Unfortunately, I had the last waiver spot and good RB's get claimed quick.   I like the idea of leveling it out so teams that get crippled with injuries or bust players have the same chance to make their team better.  

That is why I like auction leagues better than regular drafts.   Everyone has the opportunity at the same players (other than keepers of course).  It comes down to how you want to spend your money.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#22]
If anyone has a need for a legitimate TE1, send some offers my way for Kelce.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
I would love to have another bench spot.

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the idea of another bench spot, but I think it keeps the league more competitive when borderline players come up on waivers more often.  You never know when someone will get hot that hasn't done much up until then.  These players get dropped every now and again when bye weeks start happening.

ETA:  Sorry Sandman... I didn't deserve to win this week.   However, I will take the win with Graham being out for a couple more weeks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I like the idea of another bench spot, but I think it keeps the league more competitive when borderline players come up on waivers more often.  You never know when someone will get hot that hasn't done much up until then.  These players get dropped every now and again when bye weeks start happening.

ETA:  Sorry Sandman... I didn't deserve to win this week.   However, I will take the win with Graham being out for a couple more weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure you did, you have a damn good team.

Each week I have several players who let me down and score shit points. I thought for sure I had this yesterday but thanks to Stafford, Maclin and Donnell I was not disappointed and it was another major failure.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So would I but initial talks when we started this league was that the classic had too many bench spots and so everyone (not me) asked for what we currently have.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#27]
For the record, I wouldn't care all that much if there was another bench spot.   I just think it is a little more competitive the way it is.  

It would make it harder for me to balance my budget during the draft..  I had trouble counting my bench spots this year.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
worst keepers ever, AP and Montee Ball  $70 worth of shit
View Quote

Yep Montee has really done shit this year, major bust.

My keeper combo of Stafford and Keenan Allen ain't much better but I'll give you that at least they are still active players.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Antonio Brown has been fantastic for his keeper value and Russell Wilson has been on my bench most weeks after I cockblocked Bryan in the auction with Cutler.

I'd trade Wilson for any kind of RB right now...
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Antonio Brown has been fantastic for his keeper value and Russell Wilson has been on my bench most weeks after I cockblocked Bryan in the auction with Cutler.

I'd trade Wilson for any kind of RB right now...
View Quote

If I didn't have Manning, I would probably trade Forsett for him... Not exactly a top tier RB though.  Not sure I would exactly call that an even trade.. .  He has moved into the top 15 this week though.  I could probably get by without him if McFadden keeps getting about 10 points a game.   Rueben Randle might turn into a decent flex option for me since Cruz got hurt.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#32]
In my dynasty league:

Golden Tate, DeSean Jackson or Julian Edelman as WR3?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In my dynasty league:

Golden Tate, DeSean Jackson or Julian Edelman as WR3?
View Quote

I like Tate especially if CJ does not play. Dickford has no one else to throw too.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#34]
FWIW, this is a 3pt per 5 rec league, no fractions - so 4 rec gets you 0 but 5 rec gets you 3 pts.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#35]
You damn assholes stop scoring so many points against me....  Bastards.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:58:07 PM EDT
[#36]
You guys need to check your team home page every day. Maybe one of us sent you a trade offer.

Don't leave us in the dark, assholes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:55:43 AM EDT
[#37]
I might be willing to trade Forsett... He is my best flex play though.  Mcfadden is good for at least 10 a game.  I am betting he will start catching a few more passes to make him a little better.  

Trying not to mess with my starting lineup too much.  One lesson I have learned is that constantly swapping players has usually hurt me rather than helping.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:01:56 AM EDT
[#38]
We need a new rule: any owner that doesn't reply to a trade offer within two days gets his ass kicked.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

We need a new rule: any owner that doesn't reply to a trade offer within two days gets his ass kicked.
View Quote

No response is a negative response.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who was it?  Lets put them on a pitchfork and build a bonfire.....
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell me about it. I fucking cancelled both trades after 2 days.

This single issues makes me consider leaving these fucking leagues every year. Bunch of fucking losers.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This single issues makes me consider leaving these fucking leagues every year. Bunch of fucking losers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I sent a trade offer to Larnmaster for three days. Nothing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Can you see trades on the phone app?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Dammit... i knew playing Graham this week was a gamble.  And of course, Allen goes back to his normal scoring when I decide to play Graham early.

Oh well.. My team has sucked the last couple of weeks so I was due for a loss anyway.   Maybe Manning will help me out with another one of those 60 point games...

For the record, I look at my team page every day.  I like getting trade offers even when I probably won't accept them..  Just saying...
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#46]
What do you all think about this scenario..    

In another league I am up by 4 points.   All of my opponents players have played.  The only player I have left is my defense tomorrow.  

Is it a hugely dick move to bench my defense and secure the win?   I want to do it because I am a scheming asshole, but right now I am not going to do it because it seems like something a scheming asshole would do..

Would you be pissed if your opponent did that?   Just thought I would get the opinion of people not involved.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Money league? Bench your D.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:47:35 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Money league? Bench your D.
View Quote

Yes, it is a money league...   And as much as it pains me to admit it..   One of the reasons I lost the matchup against my wife in that league is because my defense scored -8 points.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Money league or not, I'd bench them in a heartbeat. No question whatsoever. Basically, all you are doing is kneeling the ball to run out the clock.

Or, you could be like the Giants and try to run the ball....
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top