Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2013 8:05:45 PM EDT
Baseball Season Has Started.  Here is the link for Last Year’s Thread.  For Two years in a row only a few Mangers were fired.

Every since I’ve started these threads a dull year led to a year with many firings or resignations.  How bloody will this year be?

Let the fun begin

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Seattle Mariner's Eric Wedge. Will be fired first
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Doubt it.  Zdurenzick is solidly behind him.  You're going to see somebody with a record like the Astro's fired long before Wedge.
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doubt it.  Zdurenzick is solidly behind him.  You're going to see somebody with a record like the Astro's fired long before Wedge.

Oh God, I take it back.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Told you! M's suck, went to 31 games last year including the perfect game, they won 2 of them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Who was it that said Ron Gardenhire?

Sad game for him tonight.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]
One Month Bump.

Everybody still has their jobs.  So Far.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
June Bump.

So far it's been a bloodless year so far.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 12:57:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't see Gardy losing his job. He's managed too many winning Twins seasons and the front office has hung him out to dry with that shitty ass pitching staff.

I say Donny Baseball. They added Greinke and Ryu and they have AGon, Kemp and Either, and with all that fucking money the Dodgers are in last place.

If Mattingly doesn't go then Big Mike out in Los Angeles of Anaheim is next.

One of the the LA managers will not be manager by the end of the season.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#9]
John Gibbons

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 3:03:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

John Gibbons

I can't understand the mentality there (not yours per say, just with that goat fuck in general).

The Marlins and Blue Jays were losers last season. So what did they do? They swapped losers for losers. And what's happening? Both teams are in the fucking cellar!

How the shit did that fucking happen?

When I saw that trade, I was like "Why?" And then everyone had them to win the AL East. I was laughing my ass off. The Jays were losers in Miami, they're losers in Toronto. Who is surprised by this?

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
John Gibbons

I can't understand the mentality there (not yours per say, just with that goat fuck in general).

The Marlins and Blue Jays were losers last season. So what did they do? They swapped losers for losers. And what's happening? Both teams are in the fucking cellar!

When I saw that trade, I was like "Why?" And then everyone had them to win the AL East. I was laughing my ass off. The Jays were losers in Miami, they're losers in Toronto. Who is surprised by this?

Looks like Gibbons managed pretty well in the latest 4 game series in Arlington .

Link Posted: 6/18/2013 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
John Gibbons

Looks like Gibbons managed pretty well in the latest 4 game series in Arlington .

Good! I hate the Rangers.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#13]
It's been a very quiet season so far.  Players have been given the can, but Managers?  I can't think of a safer time for any Major League Manager.

Bloody Post Season
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's been a very quiet season so far.  Players have been given the can, but Managers?  I can't think of a safer time for any Major League Manager.

Bloody Post Season
View Quote

Donny Baseball was on the fucking ropes too. He was in 'GET YOUR SHIT AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!' trouble. Now the Dodgers are in first place and the hottest thing in baseball.

That's why I love this game.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Breaking:  Charlie Manuel out as Phillies manager and replaced by Ryne Sandberg.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Breaking:  Charlie Manuel out as Phillies manager and replaced by Ryne Sandberg.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sandberg replaces Manuel as Phillies manager

PHILADELPHIA -- Charlie Manuel, who led the Phillies to the 2008 World Series championship amidst a run of five division titles, was replaced as the team's manager Friday by Ryne Sandberg, who accepted the position on an interim basis.

Manuel won his 1,000th career game as a big league manager Monday in Atlanta, but this season has been a disappointment.

"I did not resign and I did not quit," Manuel said at a news conference at Citizens Bank Park. "I think it was an agreement."

Manuel, 69, was in the final year of his contract, and it had been expected that the Phillies would make a change following the season. It seems the team's freefall in the National League East standings -- the Phils have lost 19 of their past 23 games -- accelerated that timetable.

Manuel has been asked to remain with the organization. He said he would take some time to consider the offer.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#17]
The season is nearly over.

Any bets before Post Season begins?
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#18]
A Little Switch: Good News for a Manager

Ryne Sandberg is no longer the Interim Manager for the Philly's:

Interim no more: Sandberg named Phils' skipper

PHILADELPHIA -- I see ya!

I see ya!

Every manager has their catchphrases, as evidenced by the fact nearly every player in every big league clubhouse can impersonate his manager's mannerisms and expressions upon request. "I see ya!" is one of Ryne Sandberg's, and players cheerily shouted it back to him when Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. announced in the clubhouse Sunday morning at Citizens Bank Park that Sandberg had just signed a three-year contract to be the 52nd manager in franchise history.

Players applauded.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/28/2013 3:02:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Sigh...

Wedge is out.  Although technically, they're calling it retiring.  Impossible to know for sure if he jumped or was pushed, but either way the M's will be under a new manager next year.

Again.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Second Place Winner, First Post Season Firing:

Cub Manager Dale Sveum Dismissed

CHICAGO -- Dale Sveum helped lay the groundwork for the Cubs' way. Now, Theo Epstein is looking for a manager who can take the team and its up-and-coming prospects to the next level.

On Monday, Sveum was dismissed after two seasons at the helm, and the search for the Cubs' 53rd manager will begin on Tuesday.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Reds Dusty Baker Fired

Baker's tenure with Reds comes to an end

CINCINNATI -- The Reds have won at least 90 games in three of the past four seasons under Dusty Baker, but the slide at the end of this season has cost him his job.

Baker is out as manager of the Reds after six seasons, the club announced on Friday, three days after Tuesday's defeat in the National League Wild Card Game against the Pirates, which eliminated Cincinnati from the postseason. The decision was made by Reds chief executive officer Bob Castellini and general manager Walt Jocketty.

"We thought about it and it was something that we just saw the club the way it was trending and playing lately, that something wasn't right and change was necessary," Jocketty said. "We felt it was the right thing to do to talk to Dusty before he left town and not let him get home and call him or bring him back."
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Price hired as Reds' new manager

From Pitching Coach to Manager.

The Reds stayed in-house for their next manager, giving pitching coach Bryan Price a three-year deal Tuesday to take the team deep into the playoffs.

The job carries enormous expectations for the 51-year-old Price, who has been one of the most successful pitching coaches in the majors but has never managed at any level. He and Triple-A manager Jim Riggleman were two in-house candidates considered for the job.

Dusty Baker led the Reds to three 90-win seasons and three playoff appearances in the last four years, but Cincinnati got knocked out in the first round of the postseason each time.

The Reds fired Baker with a year left on his two-year contract after a final-week fade that included an implosion by the pitching staff. Cincinnati lost its last six games, including a 6-2 defeat at PNC Park in the wild-card playoff against the Pirates. General manager Walt Jocketty said the closing slump was a major factor in the decision to change managers.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top