Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2017 8:57:28 PM EDT
Can any of you guys point me in the direction for a good quality tool set for doing splicing?  I'm attending class through LightBrigade in August, and my employer would like some info on what tools/brands we should be looking to buy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#1]
No clue on the tools needed yet they are expensive. And the more fiber they can do at once the higher the price tag.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
For testing and certification Fluke. The set we have access to is around $25k. The auto fusion splicer was another 25-30. 
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Big question, what's your budget?  Last time I put together a splicing kit, it cost over 100k.  Second biggest question, what kind of splicing are you doing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top