Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2017 9:32:47 PM EDT
I just solved a weird problem... a computer with installed versions of TurboTax from 2011-2016 has lost the ability to run ANY version of the software. No errors, nothing obvious in the Event Logs.

It turns out that installing the new .NET 4.7 was the culprit. I removed that, and then none of the TurboTax programs threw errors. They seem to want some version of .NET 4 to be installed. Installing 4.62 seems to have restored function without any apparent side effects.

ETA - got an email from a friend - the 4.7 install failed on his Exchange server and left him in a bit of a pickle. The partial install screwed things up, but it wasn't actually 'installed' completely, so he couldn't uninstall it. I cannot say if this is specific to his server or if it applies across the board. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#2]
According to my buddy with the borked Exchange box, this update is Non Optional on 2016. 
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2017/06/13/net-framework-4-7-and-exchange-server/

Looks like their exchange team was aware of this more than .net framework team.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to my buddy with the borked Exchange box, this update is Non Optional on 2016. 
View Quote
Which is why i wouldn't touch 2016 until  at least 2018 and it would be a completely new build with apps that have validated comparability.

Actually, ill just run red hat and use the web version of turbotax.

V
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top