Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2017 11:01:31 AM EDT
No card key or access tokens work any of the doors. 
The controller software shows the controller offline. 
Luckily the exit buttons still work....

... and the tools I need to break into the secure area where the controller is mounted are in the secure area I need the tools to get into.

:-)
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#2]
While the Facilities guys were attempting to hit the exit buttons via the drop ceiling and trying to talk me out of Plan Drywall Saw, the controller went back online and the readers started working again. 

I'm happy they work,
but I'm bothered by not knowing why they came back, or even why they failed. :-(

In the meantime, I'm contemplating putting keyed momentary switches on the two entries so I don't have to go through this again if/when it fails. 
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm happy they work,
but I'm bothered by not knowing why they came back, or even why they failed. :-(
View Quote
Russians. Deep in your heart, you know it was the Russians.

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Pull the fire alarm, if your up,to code doors should be open.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:06:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Funny thread.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Something else amusing happened after this. I used to be able to add users / edit card numbers in the system, and as soon as I saved the user, the info was active. Suddenly none of my updates were being sent to the controller. I found a workaround to download to the controller manually. Awkward, but it works, so...

Then a few days later it started updating the controller automatically again. 

So Weird. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top