Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2017 10:49:27 PM EDT
Im new at this. Real new.

I sent out Outlook invitation for a meeting, one of the guys across the table from me (read other side) invites other people to the meeting. (cartoon cloud thoughts- "fuck him, let him schedule his own fucking meeting. I dont want to deal with that other asshole")

Im looking through all the settings. I cant believe I cant limit other people from inviting other people, like superuser. Or am I asking too much???

tia
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The short answer is that function exists in the meeting creation process unless it's been disabled by your email administrator. 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:08:46 AM EDT
[#2]
You can block that by setting the meeting to only the persons you invite and not allowing the forwarding.  

What meeting platform does your company use?  If Skype, you can also kick people out of the meeting as well or put them on hold.  Sometimes that's needed when we have back-to-back meetings and we did not finish one and some folks dial-in ahead of the time.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#3]
these are invitations to face to face irl meetings.

i know or wouldn't stop therm from showing up,  but fuck putting them on my invitation list.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#4]
So let's say you prevent them from being able to forward the invite, nothing is going to prevent them from opening up their own invite or a new email saying "Hey, Jack is having a meeting in conference room X at 3:00 to discuss Project B if you want to come."

So really, non-issue. Don't want the people there? Ask them to leave...
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait until your boss wants access to your calendar, and then demands you color code them to match his.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top