Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2017 2:29:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there a way to direct my wireless router through a VPN so all my connected devices have the same security? I'm in Saudi and the internet here is very censored, to keep from having to use a vpn on each device (which is a pain) it would be so much easier to have it done at my wifi location.

Is this possible?
View Quote

Yes, provided that your router supports a VPN client.

For example, the ASUS RT-N66U router does support it and it was simple to set up.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Most consumer grade routers should have an IPSEC, PPTP, or even an MSSE client built-in.

You could also just build a very inexpensive Linux box with two network interfaces, install and configure a VPN client on that, and have it function as your uplink.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You could also just build a very inexpensive Linux box with two network interfaces, install and configure a VPN client on that, and have it function as your uplink.
View Quote
http://www.smoothwall.org/ is a single cd download for a linux router box.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
The least expensive way to do what you want is to get a cheap used router that you can load the OpenVPN version of DD-WRT on.

DD-WRT is free firmware that replaces the existing firmware.

Just look at the DD-WRT wiki and see if the OpenVPN version is supported on that used router before you buy it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I just ran across this video last night that seems like an inexpensive alternative:
Raspberry Pi VPN Router w/ PIA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top