Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2017 6:59:14 PM EDT
ok. its a 1 mo. old phone. Samsung Luna, prolly a made for Walmart kinda thing. no problems until a day ago. now it doesn't receive any cell signal.  the error msg is "invalid sim card. network locked sim card inserted"  any ideas?   I'm not a phone guy.  just a dumbass without a phone rn.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Try taking the sim and battery out and put it back in. SIM cards do go bad from time to time look at that first. If the phone is locked you will need to get the original carrier to unlock it. 
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
put in a new sim card today. as soon as I got out of the service area. id died. same message wtf is this shit?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
OP I recently had the same issue with my Pixel.  Worked fine since December/January time frame then all of a.sudden it stopped getting signal or would randomly pick it up then next minute it wouldn't.  Tried new sim cards, wiping the phone and redoing it over.  Finally had to.just contact Google and get a replacement.  

No idea what happened or what caused the issue but chances are your gonna require a replacement.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try taking the sim and battery out and put it back in. SIM cards do go bad from time to time look at that first. If the phone is locked you will need to get the original carrier to unlock it. 
View Quote
Nikroft - totally off topic - your avitar photo - is it of an existing mock up? Taken from an actual submarine maneuvering room?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
brand new phone, an upgraded model.  guess what?  same problem.  am I cursed?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top