Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2016 2:38:12 PM EDT
The presentation is based on their internal network & dashboard.
... and one of the machines on the top security warning systems is a linux box called 'ponyville'...

ROFL

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn... their SD-Wan is awfully impressive. Site-Site VPN is only a few clicks with auto password rotation.. Plug a SN into the dashboard and configure it before arrival, plug it in and it loads and is running.

... but it doesn't support BGP ... yet?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Meraki lack of EIGRP and BGP support is one of the main reasons I haven't replaced all of my access layer switches with them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
We've eliminated the need for third party VPN (safenet) connection to the office with Meraki.  I have a Z1 at home and just disable the ports when I am not using it.  It's quite beautiful.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
When we normally buy a company I would drop a VPN router on their network and start giving wireless access for all of our staff that would visit. Well the last one had a totally flat network and no available external IP addresses to keep things clean. SO I got a Meraki AP and setup the VPN connector VM and I was off and running. All of our staff going was able to be on net and still access all local resources. They are some fantastic products.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]
We were ready to go the Meraki route until we found out they don't have mdm support for Linux and had no plan to.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The firewall/utm products look VERY, VERY nice.

I just saw a presentation on their cameras... not quite the same. Don't get me wrong - they have some really whiz-bang features like flagging an area of an image and being able to pull motion keyed segments from already-recorded video. For me, they ran smack into a wall with local (in-cam) only storage that maxes out at just shy of three weeks of 24/7 video. (forgot to ask at what rez). I need no less than 90 days of video, and really prefer it on a centralized storage device.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:51:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Meraki turns out some fiendishly good products.  No question about it.

I've never worked with them on a large-scale deployment unfortunately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top