Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2016 9:50:27 AM EDT
experts...have a pair of Opteron 8378's that need a home.  I have been combing e-bay, etc, but only finding either $400+ Supermicro, Tyan, Asus boards and then the 1U models really cheap (L-shaped supermicro boards designed for 1U servers only).  I will be installing this into a tower and not sure I could rig that up to work (hole pattern, etc).

Any ideas for something that is a couple hundred $ vs. twice that?  I am being cheap, I know.  This will be to replace my aging dual X5670 Intel server as my ESXi host platform.

Thanks,

Jon
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Even refurb Supermicro boards with FR2 sockets are 300+ bucks.  You're going to find it hard to find anything cheaper than that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top