Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2016 10:29:22 AM EDT
Anyone using the QNAP TS-453A NAS?

Primarily looking at the NAS for plex capabilities and photo/video storage.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been eyeballing on of those or a Synology.  Decisions, Decisions.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking at the Synology DS415+ but it only had 2GB memory and was using an Atom processor vs the Celeron.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Well i ended up ordering the QNAP TS-453A.  I bought separately 2 x 4GB memory chips and 2 x 4TB WD Red NAS drives.
Setting it up atm.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for checking in late. I have a TS-453Pro. I've never owned a Synology, so I don't have a lot to compare it with. However I will say that the vast majority of "apps" the QNAP comes with are junk. It works fine as a meat and potatoes NAS, but "Photo Station" and whatnot are all junk.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I pretty much wanted it for plex and storage so it seems it will do the trick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top