Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2016 5:47:47 PM EDT
It just needs to interface with our finger scanner (which is Appendix F certified) and output a complete FD-258 to a physical printer. It doesn't even have to store the fingerprints in a local database (although that would be nice). I googled pretty hard and couldn't find any such bare bones software.
This is my biometric scanner: http://www.crossmatch.com/Guardian-USB/

It's for a LE agency, if that matters. We're trying to get away from rolling fingers with ink for walk-in citizen prints (civil/non-criminal) such as passports, CCW apps, NFA, etc. I'm waiting on replies from the FBI and a software vendor. FBI offers a ULW suite, which is way more advanced software than I'm wanting. I don't even know if it can do simple things like output a FD-258 card.

Obviously AFIS can do this, but sending citizens down to jail booking isn't an option, nor is purchasing a $33k machine just to avoid the rolled ink.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If you come up with anything let me know I'd be interested as well.

Thanks
Travis
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Having played this game many times with several agencies, the answer is no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top