Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 3:02:47 AM EDT
I have an old S3 that I still use, charging port broke long ago.  I had no idea about how wireless charging worked, and picked up the cheapest Chinese crap I could find on amazon that got at least four and a half stars.  That was late last year, and since then, the wireless charging has worked, kinda.  I literally have to have the phone placed to within a millimeter of some exact spot on the charging tab, or it doesn't "connect" to charge.  Also, the phone constantly blinks charger connected/charger disconnected as the wireless charging doesn't work steadily.  Lesson learned.

I still want to use this device, and I've considered an external battery charger, but the rear plastic lid snaps on and off, and if I'm pulling it off once or twice a day, every day, to pull and charge the battery, its only a matter of time before it breaks.

So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a GOOD wireless charging combo, a solid charging pad and whatever that little thing is called that goes over the battery in the back.  Ideally I'd like something that doesn't require me essentially threading a needle every time I try to place the phone on the base to charge.   Don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but a few bucks to be able to keep using this device will be worth it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top