Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 2:50:01 AM EDT
I just noticed that my new laptop lacks both Ethernet and HDMI ports...  What units have you had luck with?
If it makes any difference, the system is a Lenovo Yoga 900.  

My wish list:

10/100, if not gig Ethernet

dual display outputs - DVI, Displayport, HDMI, I'm not too picky right now.

USB3 hub that will not flake out if I push large amounts of data to connected devices.

If the display ports are driver-compatible with a single USB->HDMI adapter, that will be a bonus, as I occasionally use my old laptop to present via HDMI and I don't want to litter the system with extra drivers.

What about standalone ethernet dongles?

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#1]
We use the Targus Universal port replicator for all of our laptops where I work. Have one at my desk and at home. I plug in my laptop and it gives me dual monitors, USB keyboard and mouse, Ethernet and a couple of extra USBs for printers and phone charging.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top