Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2015 6:44:26 PM EDT
All,

I have been a exchange guy for the better part of 13 years and almost all of it being in the hosting world so I have a very good grasp on the technology.  What I want to know is there a way like with direct file access (started in exchange 2007) in owa is there a way to achieve the same thing inside of the outlook client?  I know that sharepoint can be introduced at some level for calendars and such and since that is a outside the mb/pf db I am wondering if there is a way to do the same for DFS fileshares.  I am looking for a way for users to directly move files from email to a network share that have permission to write to, this way we can limit what they have access to on their desktops i.e. only have outlook and a couple of other tools that are provided by remote apps.  Also the users will be in a VDI environment so there is nothing physical other than a 0 client or a app that loads directly into the VDI environment on a PC that is outside of our control.  what does the hive think.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
All,

I have been a exchange guy for the better part of 13 years and almost all of it being in the hosting world so I have a very good grasp on the technology.  What I want to know is there a way like with direct file access (started in exchange 2007) in owa is there a way to achieve the same thing inside of the outlook client?  I know that sharepoint can be introduced at some level for calendars and such and since that is a outside the mb/pf db I am wondering if there is a way to do the same for DFS fileshares.  I am looking for a way for users to directly move files from email to a network share that have permission to write to, this way we can limit what they have access to on their desktops i.e. only have outlook and a couple of other tools that are provided by remote apps.  Also the users will be in a VDI environment so there is nothing physical other than a 0 client or a app that loads directly into the VDI environment on a PC that is outside of our control.  what does the hive think.
View Quote

So no exchange gurus or file share guys here?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top