Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2015 11:58:18 PM EDT
Is there a way I can make my PC use 2 different playback options as default?

I use my sound blaster Zx has my primary PC audio with Astro A40 headsets, but I have a TV monitor connected via HDMI to my GFX card to watch movies that are on my hard drive. I use a Turtle Beach wireless headset to kick back and relax and to have the volume up loud without disturbing anyone.

The wireless controller is connected to the TV with an optical cable, and plugged into the PC via USB for power (no USB on the TV).

For gaming and general PC uses, I have a 27" Acer 1440p 144hz GSYNC monitor.

When I watch TV, I can use the wireless headset without having to change my PC playback settings, but when I watch something on my hard drive on the TV, I have to change the settings. It would be nice to not have to change things every time.

I know one option would be to use a wireless headset for my PC also, but that would mean a lot of battery changing, and plus the amp on my sound card doesn't take optical in.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#1]
that is odd, hdmi should carry sound with it.
what setting do you have to change to give your tv sound?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked it this several times in the past. AFAIK, there is no way to make Windows output to two different playback devices.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
One work around is to get an audio mixer. Will kind of depend on what connections your wireless headphone base will accept

PC line-out -> Mixer
TV RCA out - > Mixer

Mixer main out -> Wireless headphones
Mixer headphone out -> Wired headphones
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top