Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 10:25:34 AM EDT
Replaced the battery in my 5s and now it will not update or restore. It gets in a loop.
Guy at the local I Phone repair said it's software, not physical damage, as he R&R the internal components with his known good ones and couldn't fix it.
I have some text/pics on this phone I need.
Any thoughts?

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Will it go into dfm mode?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It already prompts to go to iTunes and I tunes gets in a loop whether you want to update or restore.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It already prompts to go to iTunes and I tunes gets in a loop whether you want to update or restore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you have an iTunes or iCloud backup before the issues started?

Also its DFU not dfm. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263 or https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

The phone telling you to connect to iTunes does not mean you cannot try a DFU restore. Where did you get the battery?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Also its DFU not dfm. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263 or https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

The phone telling you to connect to iTunes does not mean you cannot try a DFU restore. Where did you get the battery?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OEM off amazon. did the same thing when I put the old battery in it.
I'll check you links this weekend.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are getting the prompt from iTunes, but it hangs on "waiting for the iPhone," the problem may be the USB connection.  I had the same problem on the last iOS update, and couldn't restore it until I connected the USB directly to a port on the computer - it simply wouldn't work using a USB hub for some reason.  Connecting directly to a port on the computer allowed me to restore with no problem.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you are getting the prompt from iTunes, but it hangs on "waiting for the iPhone," the problem may be the USB connection.  I had the same problem on the last iOS update, and couldn't restore it until I connected the USB directly to a port on the computer - it simply wouldn't work using a USB hub for some reason.  Connecting directly to a port on the computer allowed me to restore with no problem.

Mike
View Quote

I've had similar issues with a USB3 hub.  Try a different cable, too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:41:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Girlfriend had her iPhone 6 screen repaired at a Batteries and Bulbs store. Replacement screen was not OEM.
That evening I decided to back up her phone and it recommended I do an IOS upgrade. Big mistake.

All the parts on an iPhone are now serial numbered back to the main board. During the upgrade the phone recognized
that we now have a non Apple part installed in the phone and we got an error code. Could not go forward. Could
not back up. Same loop you mentioned. Think it was Error 43 or 53. After reading several forums online, we went back to the store and had
them reinstall old broken screen. Still locked up.

Make sure the guy is telling you the truth about the replacement battery. Non OEM parts are alot cheaper than Apple
parts and once they are installed in your phone you cannot tell.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Girlfriend had her iPhone 6 screen repaired at a Batteries and Bulbs store. Replacement screen was not OEM.

That evening I decided to back up her phone and it recommended I do an IOS upgrade. Big mistake.

All the parts on an iPhone are now serial numbered back to the main board. During the upgrade the phone recognized

that we now have a non Apple part installed in the phone and we got an error code. Could not go forward. Could

not back up. Same loop you mentioned. Think it was Error 43 or 53. After reading several forums online, we went back to the store and had

them reinstall old broken screen. Still locked up.

Make sure the guy is telling you the truth about the replacement battery. Non OEM parts are alot cheaper than Apple

parts and once they are installed in your phone you cannot tell.
View Quote

Apple will replace an iPhone 6 screen for $109. Genuine parts and won't cancel your warranty.

Battery is $79 no matter what model of iPhone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top