Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2015 5:54:33 PM EDT
I got a new Windows 8 laptop after my last one began to give up the ghost.

In the past (using Vista and 7), my temporary internet file folder held EVERYTHING that I had browsed. For example, if I were to check out an instructional thread in the armory or other tech forum that had photos, every photo would appear in the temp folder.

Now that I have Windows 8, it appears that the only thing that is cached are website icons and other things.

What gives?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]

System temporary files used by Windows are stored in the single hidden folder below by default.
   %systemdrive%\Windows\Temp

User temporary files are stored in the hidden folder below by default. Each user account, has their own separate TEMP folder.
   %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp
View Quote

Which one were you checking?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Assuming win8 handles the cache like win7 does...

The database governing the cache is at
C:\Users\myName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache

The actual files are scattered in the directory tree starting at
C:\Users\myName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5

Your cookies are at
C:\Users\myName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
After shutting down and restarting the browser, the temp files showed up.

Thanks for the help, guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top