Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 3:35:01 AM EDT
Just what is it? How secure is it? Is it subject to unscrupulous hacking, or only to a .gov warrant?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:56:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have to admit that I love it. Just don't write anything you don't want the NSA to read, lol.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I prefer OneDrive from MS since it has Office web apps, and OneDrive plugs into Office desktop and mobile apps.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to admit that I love it. Just don't write anything you don't want the NSA to read, lol.
View Quote

I hate giving Google more data to chew on, but it is useful for syncing files between multiple devices.
I use it mostly for sharing photos with family members.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#4]
My freebie email has a daily limit on files that is really easy to exceed with pdf cad drawings or photos.   I can upload to google drive and forward a link and not cause issues with my email server.   Getting all the permissions set so the people that receive the link can actually use it is somtimes a problem, mostly if sharing a folder.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]
If you just want to sync files I recommend Dropbox.  If you want built in apps then I suggest OneDrive.

Google Drive works but I hate their built in web apps.

ETA:  I use all 3.  Google Drive for work since we use Gmail and the other two for personal stuff.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you just want to sync files I recommend Dropbox.  If you want built in apps then I suggest OneDrive.

ETA:  I use all 3.  Google Drive for work since we use Gmail and the other two for personal stuff.
View Quote

Dropbox is blocked at work Drive is not.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks balls.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I use Drive and DropBox.  The Drive app has always been a little more buggy for me personally, but it's acceptable overall.  I mostly prefer Drive because storage is/was cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#9]
https://spideroak.com/
SpiderOak is an alternative if you're worried about security. It isn't as polished as Drive or Dropbox, but they claim they can't look at your data, and it has some nice backup features IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top