Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2014 8:27:21 PM EDT
I screwed up and I knew this day was coming but, human nature kicked in. I had a Dynamic Disk array in my windows 7 box that consisted of 4 2TB drives. One of the drives went belly up and the array is now broken. I had a little over 7TB of capacity in the array with 1TB free. So I have 6TB of data I need to try to recover. Is there an easy way to convert a formerly Dynamic Disk into a standard disk so I can recover data? The world wont end if I lose the data, its mainly movies, tv shows and a shit ton of music. It houses my over 2tb collection of tunes in flac that I have acquired over the years, I really do not want to start over.

Currently using Testdisk 7.0 to attempt the conversion but I didnt know if there was an easier way. In Windows Disk Management there is an option to right click on the drive and convert to standard disk, but I am scared it will overwrite or lose the data.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
GetDataBack seems to be working, going to be a long weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top