Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 9:55:10 AM EDT
I debated if this should go in Cars & Bikes, or here....

I've found that I really like using Waze on my iphone for navigation while I'm on my motorcycle. I'm almost always listening to music, so having the GPS speak to me over the headphones is most convenient. (and SOOO much cheaper than a dedicated 'motorcycle' GPS).

I have two questions:

- what are the preferred mounts if I want to have the iphone 5 mounted to the bars/fairings instead of in my pocket?

- I am interested in getting a cheap midsize tablet to dedicate to this purpose both on-bike and in my car. Any suggestions on a suitable yet inexpensive unit that will work with either ATT or Verizon? Bike/Car mounts for same?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#1]
When I had my KLR650, i used a Ram Mount for my GPS on the handle bars.

You'll have issues from vibration...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I understand that the USB ports don't always wear so well when mounted to a motorcycle. That's one of the reasons I'm interested in an inexpensive tablet option and/or a good vibration mitigating mount. For the most part, I expect I could run on battery power so this will not be as important as it is for those who take lonnnnggggg rides.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:14:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I also use a Ram mount on my bike.  I use it to hold my cheap GPS unit.  

Amazon Link
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]
lifeproof case w/ bike mount, sold as an accessory on their website.
Had one on three different bikes now, and ZERO fails.
It works awesome.
Can use nav, texts, spotify, etc.. w no trouble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top