Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 9:04:52 PM EDT
Without the obnoxious blue lights?

I just want something that I can turn my case fans down when I'm surfing and up when I'm gaming.  No bling preese!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That fan is 28 dBA.

The two 120mm fans I have are 17.something dBA and are still too loud for my liking, because they are running at 100% (although they brought my temps down nicely!).
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Does your motherboard have a utility to set a fan curve? I'd rather use that or something like SpeedFan.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does your motherboard have a utility to set a fan curve? I'd rather use that or something like SpeedFan.
View Quote

Not for these extra fans.  I only have mobo hook ups for the CPU and 1 case fan.

I do use SpeedFan to monitor my temps, btw.

eta: here are the fans...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002&cm_re=cougar_vortex-_-35-553-002-_-Product
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you need to set different speeds for the fans? I used a splitter to connect two fans to a single connector on the motherboard and I'm able to use software to control the speed of both (they both always run at the same speed, obviously). This way it just gets controlled automatically depending on the CPU temperature.

I'd rather do that than dick around with a fan controller.

Is it possible to just cut the wires for the LEDs, or did they make it more complicated than that?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:25:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do you need to set different speeds for the fans? I used a splitter to connect two fans to a single connector on the motherboard and I'm able to use software to control the speed of both (they both always run at the same speed, obviously). This way it just gets controlled automatically depending on the CPU temperature.
I'd rather do that than dick around with a fan controller.

Is it possible to just cut the wires for the LEDs, or did they make it more complicated than that?
View Quote

I'd worry about drawing too much power thru my mobo system fan connection (I don't know the safe limit).

My fans don't have LEDs.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Cover the LEDs with electrical tape or color over the LEDs with a Sharpie marker or similar.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Cover the LEDs with electrical tape or color over the LEDs with a Sharpie marker or similar.

View Quote

Fans don't have LEDs, bro

You mean on the controller?

Need... coffee...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Need... coffee...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need... coffee...

Yeah the controller, thats what you're bitching about right?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'd worry about drawing too much power thru my mobo system fan connection (I don't know the safe limit).

My fans don't have LEDs.

View Quote

I doubt they can draw too much power. If they tried, it'll just shut them down, shouldn't be able to actually damage anything.

I have two of the high airflow Corsair fans connected to the same fan header on the motherboard and no issues even if they run at 100%.

Also I was just talking about the lights on the controller that were irritating you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top