Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2014 9:24:14 PM EDT
Yeah... tracking number shows it was delivered on Monday... but no show.

It should have fit in my mailbox no problem, which is secure.

Guess I get to buy another one.  Think I'll go for the full on quad-core this time instead of the cheapy dual core.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel for you, I'm fighting with a vendor over a laptop keyboard that was "delivered" but never showed up either. The tracking is better with UPS but some companies would rather be lazy and just drop it in a mailbox.  Now I have to notify my credit card company and dispute the charge.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel for you, I'm fighting with a vendor over a laptop keyboard that was "delivered" but never showed up either. The tracking is better with UPS but some companies would rather be lazy and just drop it in a mailbox.  Now I have to notify my credit card company and dispute the charge.
View Quote

But how is it the fault of the vendor?

Luckily, I'm only out $15... I just bought a $60 CPU and cooler from ebay from a different seller.  HOPEFULLY, it gets here.  My machine is up and running (I'm on it right now) so no rush... but I just bought a new case and PSU for it, upgraded the RAM and added a video card.  It's just a pile of HP junk... but I've got very little into it and it's mine

I'm going to build a performance rig here in a month or so... I'll just go to Fry's to pick up the parts as I have one 15 minutes away.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had a couple of packages lately say delivered and then not show up until a week later.  It's very frustrating because even if you want to talk to someone at the post office you either stand in line for ~1 hour or you get stuck in an endless loop of menus and music on the phone.  Even if you do get a hold of someone I don't think there is anything they can do when the tracking says delivered.

Glad your CPU was only $15, mine was a Geissele trigger.  When it finally showed up someone had just leaned the mailing envelope against my front door for the world to see
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I have had "delivered" notices with no actual delivery until 2-3 days later.

You can wait a few days, or file a claim now and spin 'em up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#6]
You lost me at 'USPS.'
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Dano523 is right and its the vendor who choses the method for delivery.  My complain is that this vendor suggested that I file a claim, but the Post Office said the vendor should file.  The vendor also said that they have no responsibility after the package is shipped.  After 3 weeks, the finally said that they would ship a replacement however that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen any package yet.  I receive quite a few packages via UPS and haven't lost one yet, but have had numerous problems when its shipped via USPS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top