Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2014 8:45:38 AM EDT
I have a late 2013 21.5" iMac with the standard pedestal stand. I've been trying to figure out a way to retrofit it to a VESA type mount, to mount it on a wall instead of sitting on a desk. So far the only thing I've seen is an adaptor that still leaves the pedestal stand attached.

http://www.imacmount.com/index.html

Although its no doubt functional, I think it looks hokey and would prefer to do away with the pedestal stand altogether. I didn't realize that a VESA option was available when I bought my iMac, otherwise I would have just ordered it that way. I contacted Apple directly (corporate) and asked them if they could retrofit mine with the VESA option for a fee - they said that they would not.

So if this is possible (which I believe it is, based on photos of the same iMac disassembled), who does this kind of work? I'm looking for the ADCO of the computer world, lol.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea about the factory VESA mount, but how about buying a replacement stand and cutting off the excess?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No idea about the factory VESA mount, but how about buying a replacement stand and cutting off the excess?
View Quote

I've thought about it, but the problem is that the newer "thin" iMac's aren't easy to disassemble and put back together without damaging some of the wires and parts inside. I'd much rather have the work done by a trained tech who's taken these apart before, and have the actual VESA adaptor installed instead of a chopped stand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top