Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 5:46:52 PM EDT
Next year about this time I expect I will start looking for a new job.  Nothing wrong with current job, just bored to death and frankly tired of being in management.

I have always assumed a stable job history was a good thing, but I have a couple of associates that swear it looks terrible on a resume.  Of course they have a lot of entries on the resume.  

So is this gonna kill me?

I started with a company in 1998, switched to an IT job in 2001 then left the company in 2003.  I went to another company and left in 2008 when I went to my current job.  After 3 years of being a contracted employee the moved me over to a supervisory position.  I did have an odd 3mo stint at a place in the middle of job #2.

I have always had excellent reviews and always progressed within the position.  The first two companies were Fortune 500 and the last is top in its industry.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Looks good to me.

Ive had 2 jobs in 21 years and both at the same company. I'm bailing out in December. Already have it lined up and everything.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I just took a new position after 12 years with my last co.  The new co. liked my resume'.  I would hire you.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, you guys got me beat.  

I was actually doing work for job one when I "discovered" job two.  It was as close to a dream job as I have ever come.  Then get got bought out.  

Not sure where I want to go next.  Job 1 was mainly server/desktop support with some LAN thrown in for good measure.  Job 2 was a Tier 1 ISP.  Job 3 is a very large enterprise LAN with a lot of security stuff.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I think some cos. do look for diverse experience when they are lacking good infrastructure and/or experienced personnel.  However, staying with a co. for a long time means you are able to ride the highs and lows of the workplace long term.  I have hired many people and wouldn't even think about hiring someone who had bounced around every year or so.  That tells me they may have a poor attitude, potential entitlement philosophy and don't play well with others.  Of course it does not always mean that, but at first glance that is my mindset.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top