Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2014 4:49:23 PM EDT
I have a computer that was built way back around 2009 and I wanted to throw in a better graphics card but I cannot confirm that the PCI slot will handle it.
350w Psu
Motherboard Intel D79951-409
Core 2 quad

From what this is saying the board only supports PCIe 1.1 but the cards today are all 3.0.

This is the card I was hoping to use Nvidia

Can anyone help?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Your power supply isnt rated for the card either.

1.0 will be a bottleneck, I wouldn't gamble.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like that MB has a PCIE x 16 connector.

But as the poster above pointed out that GPU calls for a minimum 400W power supply.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I just found that on pny's site I was looking at Nvidia's that is only 300w for some reason so if i went to the evga that would be fixed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a computer that was built way back around 2009 and I wanted to throw in a better graphics card but I cannot confirm that the PCI slot will handle it.
350w Psu
Motherboard Intel D79951-409
Core 2 quad

From what this is saying the board only supports PCIe 1.1 but the cards today are all 3.0.

This is the card I was hoping to use Nvidia

Can anyone help?
View Quote

Your cpu will bottleneck the gpu.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top