Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2017 11:31:00 AM EDT
I do a lot of pet photography, so I end up cleaning nose prints and tongue prints off my lenses and have been looking into it, do any of you know of any pet safe lense cleaner?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd  use a soft rag, dampened with some plain water.   If you are having to clean the lens often, this might be one of the very rare times I would use a clear filter.....might be.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto on the plain water.  Might want to go buy a gallon of distilled just to make sure there's no dissolved minerals.  Check your local car parts place or even wal mart.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup just use distilled water.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Huh, I use ROR, same stuff we used in the shop to clean rental stuff.  That said, while it isn't toxic, it shouldn't be ingested by a pet by accident.  MSDS

Basically it's a mix of saline, ammonia cleaner, alcohol, and detergents to emulsify any oils, fingerprints, etc that gets on a lens.  Love the stuff.  I just squirt some on a lens cloth and clean.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ditto on the plain water.  Might want to go buy a gallon of distilled just to make sure there's no dissolved minerals.  Check your local car parts place or even wal mart.
View Quote
Any real grocery store should have distilled water available. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top