Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2017 1:36:07 PM EDT
I had some 8x10 prints done through amazon to check color. They looked decent so i ordered 3, 10x15 prints through pro dpi. The pro dpi prints were sharper than the amazon prints despite being bigger. I'm very happy with the pro dpi prints. I ordered the same picture with kodak metallic, fuji lustre, and fuji pearl.

The crops were taken with my cell phone and are sharper in person. In person you can see people on the bridge.

The lustre paper is very crisp bright and accurate.

The fuji pearl would probably work better for portraits. It has a "pearl" type reflection to it. I think it's a little strong for landscapes compared to the other papers.

The kodak metallic is a nice combination of the other two papers. It is crisp but has a light mettalic or pearl sheen. Looks really nice in some of the buildings.

The pro dpi sign up says you are supposed to be a professional. I read elsewhere that this isn't true and it's there because they are printing for more discerning photographers. I'm certainly no pro. You have to download their software to upload photos. It took me a few minutes to figure out but wasn't bad. Their prints are also very affordable. That order for the 3 prints plus color correction was $17.

The pic was taken with a 7d mk ii and 18-135 efs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
thx for the writeup

ProDPI is a fulfillment choice with my gallery management/ecommerce system, but I've been using Bay Photo for a long time. Maybe I'll try out PRoDPI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top