Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2017 6:35:01 PM EDT
What is a good editing program for a desk top and a netbook that is free/ cheap.   Desktop is running Vista premium and net book is running windows 7
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#1]
On1 just put version 10.5 of their editor out for free.  GIMP is popular, but I personally can't stand it.  There's also a cut down version of photoshop called photoshop express that's fairly decent.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The GIMP is what most people will recommend.  It's got it's quirks, but I use it regularly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#3]
GImp or Paint Dot Net. 
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Paint.net is not a bad way do go, but you do get what you pay for.

If you are not looking to do something like the $10 per month bundle of Lightroom and Photoshop, take a look at Corel's PaintShop Pro. It does 90% of what Photoshop does and uses most (all?) the same plug-ins.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Another free program that's pretty good in Lightzone.  Well worth a look at.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another free program that's pretty good in Lightzone.  Well worth a look at.
View Quote
I lived with Lightzone and Capture NX-D for several years until their limitations caught up to me; now I'm on the PS/LR $10/month subscription.  Worth every penny to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top