Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2017 4:27:36 PM EDT
Has anyone bought an "Open box" lens from B&H?

I found a lens that I am interested in for 27% ($ 492) under the "new" price.  Their website says "This open box item shows minimal signs of wear on its packaging only. The lens itself is in pristine condition and includes a limited 1-year warranty."  It comes with a full Nikon warranty.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anyone bought an "Open box" lens from B&H?

I found a lens that I am interested in for 27% ($ 492) under the "new" price.  Their website says "This open box item shows minimal signs of wear on its packaging only. The lens itself is in pristine condition and includes a limited 1-year warranty."  It comes with a full Nikon warranty.
View Quote

My D7100 was an B&H open box.  Almost two years in, no issues.

Buy with confidence.  B&H is great to do business with.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the above.  B&H is solid.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
B&H is quality merchant.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy crap, something we all agree on.  Not sure if this is the end of the world or what. 
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#6]
If there is only a few scratches in the finish that is not a big deal, I would go for it.

BTW I have a Nikon D40x that has >150,000 clicks on the shutter, and it works just fine. I use it as a backup camera.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If there is only a few scratches in the finish that is a big deal, I would go for it.

BTW I have a Nikon D40x that has >150,000 clicks on the shutter, and it works just fine. I use it as a backup camera.
View Quote
Purchased a 1960-something Nikkor 200mm from B and H used, showed up on my door step in the original lens case and in way better condition then was described.  +1

Also their NYC store is an awesome sight to see. And shop in.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I would buy with confidence op
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My D7100 was an B&H open box.  Almost two years in, no issues.
View Quote
Thank you. Very gratifying and much appreciated.
 -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thank you. Very gratifying and much appreciated.
 -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video
View Quote
Well!  Great to see B&H folks surf ARF!
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Bough an open box D750 and 24-120 from them a month ago. It had 120 shots on it and I've put more ware on it than it came to me with. Saved a bunch of money and you'd be hard pressed to tell me it was "used".

They are good to go with that kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been dealing with B&H for at least 25 years.  Maybe even longer than that.  Since back before the internet, when they had pages and pages of ads in the back of magazines like Popular Photography.  They are my "go-to" camera store, and I recommend them to everyone. I think I've sold a couple of lenses back to them, too (trade in's).  

The only other two camera business I've had significant dealings with are ThinkTank, and Really Right Stuff.  

All three are top notch.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've been dealing with B&H for at least 25 years.  Maybe even longer than that.  Since back before the internet, when they had pages and pages of ads in the back of magazines like Popular Photography.
View Quote
Same here, bought used and new 35mm film camera products from them from the back of photography magazines.  Very satisfied with the service.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I did buy an open box lens from them and it was fantastic.  You should get the full manufacturers warranty too.  I have had nothing but great experiences with B&H.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#15]
B&H is good to go.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. They're the Brownells of the camera world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top