Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2016 3:43:32 AM EDT
I have a D810 here, nothing really stands out as being wrong with it, but I'm starting to think about sending it into Nikon for cleaning and/or a PM.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#1]

I've had vintage film cameras CLA'd and I was happy with results.

I have not sent in my Canon DSLR for a tune up yet, but I guess it would not hurt.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm procrastinating because life is getting in the way.
My D3100 is boxed up for a trip to Authorized Photo Service
That poor camera needs a proper cleaning, refresh and the onboard flash won't stay down.

The D7100 goes next.  There's an issue with SD slot 2.  Going to get it cleaned while it's there.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was shooting film, I would send the film SLRs in for cleaning every year or two.

Now that I am shooting digital and cleaning my own sensors, I only send the DSLRs in when there is an actual problem. That is not so say that the rest of the camera beyond the sensor might not benefit from a cleaning....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top