Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 4:45:45 PM EDT
Anyone have one or able to tell me anything about them. I'm looking at the T6i bundle which comes with the 18-55 lens and the 55-250 lens. This would be my first DSLR camera, am I jumping in way over my head with this camera or is it good to go for a beginner?

I usually just use a point and click but I want to learn to get more out of my photos. I want a camera that will be fun out of the box but also still be what I want as my skill and knowledge of photography grow.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a T5i...very code to the T6i. Great camera for the money. The kit lenses aren't that bad, but I also picked up a canon 50mm 1.8 prime lens for portraits and low light shooting.  That camera will treat you well for a long time....and unless you want to go pro, it wil do more than you will ever need. Go for it!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Freako, in June I purchased the same items that your looking at.

Have a point & shoot also but, wanted to do more and had sold my 35mm SLR a couple of decades ago.

I started looking at both Nikon & Canon basic DSLR's and up, ending with the choice of the T6i.

Nothing against Nikon, I just liked the Canon Menus gooder.  I'm very happy with my purchase and I think you would be pleased as well.

The T6i package is providing me a good base to grow my skills from without limiting creativity.

I purchased mine directly from Canon as a refurb for a few hundred $ollers less than new offerings and to top it off, it looks newer than new.  

Hope this helps some,

JP

Edit to add; I had zero problems with it except me wanting to buy more lenses now. GAS
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. I've pretty much decided to go with the T6i, now I will just have to shop around a lil bit and see what's the best deal I can find on one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the replies. I've pretty much decided to go with the T6i, now I will just have to shop around a lil bit and see what's the best deal I can find on one.
View Quote
$579 for a refurb body and refurbed 18-55 lens direct from Canon.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone have one or able to tell me anything about them. I'm looking at the T6i bundle which comes with the 18-55 lens and the 55-250 lens. This would be my first DSLR camera, am I jumping in way over my head with this camera or is it good to go for a beginner?

I usually just use a point and click but I want to learn to get more out of my photos. I want a camera that will be fun out of the box but also still be what I want as my skill and knowledge of photography grow.
View Quote

Then the T6i is not the camera for you.

Ideally you would want something like the Nikon D7000/D71000/D7200 or Canon 60D/70D.

However if you budget does not allow for those cameras I would look into the Nikon D5300. It is a better camera overall compared to the T6i and is a better bridge between entry and mid level DSLR cameras.

If you are open to refurbished cameras, Nikon has a D7000 for $549:

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product-archive/refurbished-dslr-cameras/d7000-refurbished.html

Adorama has a lightly used newer model D7100 for $589:

http://www.adorama.com/us%20%20%20%20807445.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top