Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2016 7:25:03 PM EDT
Has anyone ever rented a lens? I know I want (I NEEEEED THEM) more lenses, but I am looking at some of the rental places, the locals are insane wanting thousands in deposit.. but the online ones seem too good to be true.

I don't know if I will have the money to actually buy the lenses I covet before my big Montana trip this year, but they seem to offer longer term rentals and that might be my salvation.

Pros/Cons/Shut up already?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Borrowlenses.com and lensrentals.com are both excellent people to rent from and they have good prices.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Borrowlenses.com and lensrentals.com are both excellent people to rent from and they have good prices.
View Quote

Excellent, thank you
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting, did not know about these sites. Will be very helpful in renting a camera I am thinking of upgrading to!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for lensrentals.com I have rented a canon 70-200 f2.8L is II and a 28-300 f3.5-5.6 from them with ZERO issues.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I rented a 500mm f4L IS Canon lens from lensrentals.com back in 2012 and it was a fairly smooth procedure.  Expensive though, particularly if you're renting for more than a week.  In a lot of cases, if you have the cash on hand and the know-how, it's much cheaper to buy the lens you want used then re-sell it than it is to rent.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Seconded for lensrentals, used them a couple of times.  Good prices and the process from ordering to shipping back was super easy; they also have the option to purchase many of the rentals and will give you a credit from your rental order.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top