Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2015 6:32:19 PM EDT
The man in the brown truck brought me my new lens today; sort of a specialty but wanted a fast landscape/wide-angle lens.  Now all I need is a clear night and the the sky is MINE!

ETA, the lens shade on this thing is HUGE.  The lens itself is HUGE.  Build quality appears very good, feels solid and moves smoothly.  AF noise is kind of loud, but that's what the reviews said.

One of the first shots...
1/400, f/10, 11mm, ISO100

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Have fun with it, it really is a great lens.  

Don't be like me and forget the lens cap and lens shade on top of an bluff that overlooks a lake (Devils Lake, WI).     I had to climb that bitch again the next morning to get it lol.  I drank a lot the night before...  

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations on a great lens !

It's actually pretty compact for ultrawide zoom

I use it on full frame ( actually usable from about 14mm to 16mm ) as compact ultrawide when I don't want to carry my huge 16-35
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I absolutely love mine. Tip: don't take it backpacking. Bitch gets heavy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top