Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2015 5:04:48 AM EDT
After having the sigma 150-600 for a couple of days on rental, I've noticed that there is a slight amount of wiggle present when the lens is mounted to my D810.It rotational only, and is maybe about 1 mm maximum...I tried it on my D7000, and that issue exists with that camera also.

My 70-200 VRII does have a little rotational play, but not as much..smaller lenses like the 14-24 and 24-70 seem to be rock solid.

I've probably got about 60-70 images so far with the Sigma lens, and have not noticed any issue with IQ.

Is this normal behavior?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I have noticed the 70-200 vr2 that I have has a little play as well. It doesn't seem to negatively impact things.

D7100 for reference.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's rotation only, no big deal as long as it maintains connection.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if it's a Sigma thing. I've run my 70-200 into the ground and it got to the point that I thought the barrel was going to fall apart. I ended up taking it to a local repair shop and they fixed it. I ended up having to send it back to Sigma anyway for a firmware update so I should've let them do it all. It's been great since, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top