Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2015 11:25:35 PM EDT
Scored a Nikon 14-24 f/2.8 off of eBay for $1187!  It is slightly used but in great condition and from a reputable seller.  The auction ended around 3:30 AM EST so maybe I just got lucky...who knows.

But I am excited!  I have wanted that lens for ages but couldn't afford it.  Now I happened to have some money and decided to see what kind of deal I could score on eBay...and here we are!  Pictures coming once it arrives!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
wow, nice!
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice.  Your world perspective will change completely with a wide like that.  Some for the better, some for the worse.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet!  I think you will like it.   I've had the 17-35 f/2.8 for years, and I think it may be my most used lens.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice.  Your world perspective will change completely with a wide like that.  Some for the better, some for the worse.
View Quote

May I ask how, please?

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:21:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

May I ask how, please?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

May I ask how, please?

Nothing technical.  Same reason telephotos are different than wides.  Pros and cons to all focal lengths.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:50:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nothing technical.  Same reason telephotos are different than wides.  Pros and cons to all focal lengths.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

May I ask how, please?

My guess is his new lens will ruin the rest of his lenses. He'll start using it and see all of his other lenses as not quite as good. That's what happened when I bought my first nice glass - all the other stuff suddenly sucked
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

May I ask how, please?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

May I ask how, please?

First off congratulations on the great deal on outstanding lens !  Definitely one of the top Nikon lenses

I can see how some people comment that sometimes it can "be for the worse" .  I use I use 16-35 and I find often because you can shoot ultra wide, its easy to just go wide to "get it all in"

I often in post end up cropping back down those 16mm shots because you can loose the composition / feel of the pic when you get greedy like that . Pretty easy to end up with a composition that doesn't actually draw your eyes into anything in particular.

Seldom happens in landscapes, but can happen when shooting a busy scene like cityscapes , interior of Cathedrals , events  

When travelling Europe ( ultrawide a must ! ) it easy to actually catch part of the building BEHIND you when you are shooting so wide and high trying to get the whole height of the building you are shooting in

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Tag. Congrats on the score.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top