Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2015 12:20:28 AM EDT
So I took photographer in high school (35mm B&W) and learned a few things like how to line up a shot, but most of the class was developing B&W film so skill, I have little.

Got this guy outside a Barns and Noble, he just posed and because I take my camera everywhere I got this shot... Be easy (Photo cropped with Nikon NX2)

The bird at B&N by tinkeringwithphotography, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I might crop a little less aggressively - since the tail is almost up against the edge of the frame - but that's just personal preference.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:05:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Nicely done. Good exposure, good focus.
The cropping is OK.
Needs a little sharpening, but that may be that you just forgot to resharpen after resizing.
Maybe boost the contrast just a little?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:12:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it could be improved with some better post processing.

Post up the original and let's see what there is to work with.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the original pre-zoom and crop..

DSC_0067 by tinkeringwithphotography, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:40:30 AM EDT
[#5]
There's not a lot to work with there, especially in a jpg.

Blown highlights, focus is slightly off, subject is way too far away to be useful when cropping.

I took a whack at it anyway.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:14:22 AM EDT
[#6]

It was truly a why not moment photo. I was at Barns and Noble set my coffee in my car as he flew up. Had my camera and figured I why not see what I could do with the opportunity.

This is a better shot of the same bird taken a lot closer..

DSC_0074 by tinkeringwithphotography, on Flickr" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top