Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2015 4:12:41 AM EDT
A couple months back I asked about Macro lenses.  I ended up going with the Nikon 105mm VR.  I thought hard on the older models but decided I would like something for portrait stuff should the need ever arise.  

Here are some shots I did for my friends at Precision Delta.  

What do y'all think?  Photo bucket seemed to make everything darker...oh well.

Lighting was two cheap speed lights...I want some strobes bad!

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Seem a little dark to me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.  Read the OP again.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lol.  Read the OP again.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.  Read the OP again.  

If you're asking for constructive feedback, when you get some, it's polite to say "thank you" and move on even if you feel you addressed it in OP.

Anyway. When you're shooting reflective, small stuff, like the copper bullets, you might make a small light box out of foamcore. I've seen plans for a lightbox that is basically a small sheet of foamcore and $5 worth of LED strip lights behind some muslin for diffusion.

If you get color-adjustable LEDs, you can choose "cool white" or "warm yellow" or whatever to let you forgo the white balancing problems later. If you can destroy the items you're shooting, superglue and a bit of white wire coming through the back of the foamcore will get you away from anything and insure not even a millimeter of the box will be in focus.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:27:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you're asking for constructive feedback, when you get some, it's polite to say "thank you" and move on even if you feel you addressed it in OP.

Anyway. When you're shooting reflective, small stuff, like the copper bullets, you might make a small light box out of foamcore. I've seen plans for a lightbox that is basically a small sheet of foamcore and $5 worth of LED strip lights behind some muslin for diffusion.

If you get color-adjustable LEDs, you can choose "cool white" or "warm yellow" or whatever to let you forgo the white balancing problems later. If you can destroy the items you're shooting, superglue and a bit of white wire coming through the back of the foamcore will get you away from anything and insure not even a millimeter of the box will be in focus.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol.  Read the OP again.  

Appreciate the advice.  The super glue idea is great.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Back in the early 80's I was into macro photography, this is a picture of a 35 REM, I dug out of my first deer

All I remember  camera was a canon a-1  flash mounted on camera

35 REM before and after a kill
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:02:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Back in the early 80's I was into macro photography, this is a picture of a 35 REM, I dug out of my first deer

All I remember  camera was a canon a-1  flash mounted on camera

35 REM before and after a kill

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo86/poolman58/35rem_zpsedfcd902.jpg
View Quote
Awesome!

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Photo bucket seemed to make everything darker...oh well.
View Quote

Are you using color management? What profile are you embedding in your pictures?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are you using color management? What profile are you embedding in your pictures?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In photobucket?

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In photobucket?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In photobucket?  

Sometimes browsers and/or upload sites can do weird things with profiles other than sRGB.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:00:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sometimes browsers and/or upload sites can do weird things with profiles other than sRGB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In photobucket?  

Ah gotcha.  I will look into it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top