Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2014 6:15:58 AM EDT
I just read that a woman is suing because they are using a woman's cell phone selfies to create a fake FaceBook account.  In addition, they used her real name in the fake account.  I think it was reckless..

LINK~~  http://petapixel.com/2014/10/09/dea-uses-pictures-womans-seized-phone-set-fake-facebook-account-drug-bust/

http://petapixel.com/2014/10/09/dea-uses-pictures-womans-seized-phone-set-fake-facebook-account-drug-bust/

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:33:13 AM EDT
[#1]
‘implicit consent’ was given, “by granting access to the information stored in her cell phone and by consenting to the use of that information to aid in an ongoing criminal investigations [sic]”
View Quote

Implied consent?  Seriously?

The phone was seized.  That's not "implied consent".

I mean hell... by that reasoning they can take any phone out of the evidence locker, steal the data off of it, and set up FB accounts whenever they want to... just as long as they pretend it's to "solve crime".  

And considering that some cops still illegally confiscate phones when citizens record them...  that could end up going very badly for the phone owner.

ESPECIALLY since, in this case, they're using her REAL NAME and image.  ... she could end up being the one taking the heat for their fuckery.  Sure she's in jail right *now* but when she gets out she could still be a target for revenge cos the others will believe it really was her.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:38:25 AM EDT
[#2]
She made a deal to give evidence, she argues that she didn't consent to her identity being used.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Pixelated pictures indicate possible "Not Guilty".  More evidence required.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Work with Facebook to get control of the account, since she is being spoofed, then delete the account and all of its content.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:50:01 AM EDT
[#5]
No doubt our resident statists will think it's all ok since she's already a dastardly criminal.  

No doubt that was the same mentality of Sinnigen and his supervisors when they thought they had free reign with peoples' lives.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:55:49 AM EDT
[#6]
This is a DUPE... I'm not gonna search for the other thread however, but I'm sure someone else will shortly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top