Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2014 11:05:03 AM EDT
Looking to spend at or around $350.00

Toss up between a panasonic lumix dmc ts5 or the olympus tg3

What say you guys?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#1]
nikon aw120

just picked one up myself to replace my fuji xp200 that crapped out on me.

i say crapped out, the buttons work intermittently.

can't depend on it for work, so i replaced it with the camera i originally wanted.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a Canon Powershot A1000 is several years ago to use on my bike trips. I was looking for something that took AA batteries so I wouldn't need to worry about charging when out in the woods. Its small, lightweight, and has been very durable. I have taken thousands of pictures with it, some very good ones in my opinion. Its held up through biking, hiking, climbing, shooting, football games, races, etc. Usually kept in a pocket until needed. I was ready to try the next step up with a DSLR so I retired the point and shoot by giving it to my young daughter. I know you probably wont be able to find one now but I still recommend whatever the new version of that camera is.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#3]
We picked up a refurbished Nikon AW100on eBay for $150ish a few months ago. It's a good little camera, we take it underwater in the pool and ocean quite a bit and it's been good to us. It's waterproof, shockproof ect.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I picked up a Canon Powershot A1000 is several years ago to use on my bike trips. I was looking for something that took AA batteries so I wouldn't need to worry about charging when out in the woods. Its small, lightweight, and has been very durable. I have taken thousands of pictures with it, some very good ones in my opinion. Its held up through biking, hiking, climbing, shooting, football games, races, etc. Usually kept in a pocket until needed. I was ready to try the next step up with a DSLR so I retired the point and shoot by giving it to my young daughter. I know you probably wont be able to find one now but I still recommend whatever the new version of that camera is.
View Quote

Any current production  models that still take AA batteries ?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know a couple of the canon A series cameras still use double A's.  Unfortunately most have gone to battery packs. The battery packs are better these days than in the past and last for a couple hundred shots. Looks like the best option is to buy several battery packs and pre charge them before heading out. I bought a couple for my T3i that are made by Wasabi Power that have worked pretty good and cost $20 a pair. They do run out a tad faster than the Canon brand but not by much.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Panasonic Lumix TS3 (?)  that I bought a couple of years ago as my caving camera. It's tough as can be, but overall I am not happy with the quality of the pictures it takes.

I have a Nikon that I bought 5 years or so ago and gave up on shortly after getting it. It took really horrible pics. I don't even know where it is right now...

My favorite is the Canon S110 that I carry with me all the time. My only complaint about it is that the power button is really tiny.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a pentax k1000 that you could beat someone to death with.

Not really point and shoot though.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top