Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2014 11:40:11 AM EDT
I am looking at wide angle lenses for my 70D. I am considering the Sigma 8-16, the Tokina 11-16 2.8, Tamron 12-24, and the Canon 10-22.

I am wanting to take better landscape pictures and to have the ability to take bigger group pictures indoors and outdoors.

Who has experience with any of these lenses?
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am looking at wide angle lenses for my 70D. I am considering the Sigma 8-16, the Tokina 11-16 2.8, Tamron 12-24, and the Canon 10-22.

I am wanting to take better landscape pictures and to have the ability to take bigger group pictures indoors and outdoors.

Who has experience with any of these lenses?
View Quote

The Canon 10-22 is a great lens...near "L glass" quality.  The only thing wrong with it is that you can only use it on a crop sensor.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Canon 10-22 is a great lens...near "L glass" quality.  The only thing wrong with it is that you can only use it on a crop sensor.
View Quote

Love mine and would recommend it.  Good review here.

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
How well does it perform indoors? Will it work well for shooting groups of people indoors?
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#4]
10-22 is awesome but at 6 inches off the subjects nose at 10, it gets pretty comical
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 12:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I hear great things about the sigma 10-20s
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I rented a  Canon 10-22 a few times and every time the rental period was up, I fought the temptation of just not returning the lens.  It's on the short list of lens I'd love to acquire. The only downfall I saw with it is the build isn't like two lens that I use the most...but those are "L" series which that lens isn't, so that's to be expected. It is build pretty good though and give anyone a great bang for their bucks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:16:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I was not happy with the Tamron at all.  I hear good things about the Sigma's and have a couple of their other lenses that are great, but I am not sure it can take a filter so check on that.  I  Also have heard good reviews of the Tokina.  I shoot a Nikon so I am not familiar with the Cannon glass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top